Kathy Cato, M.A., LPC 5500 McNeely Drive Suite 101 Raleigh, NC 27612
Is the Relationship Recovery program for us?
If you are searching for help on the internet, chances are you are already grieving the loss of some part of your relationship. The relationship may not be ending, but you may feel you have already lost
something important about the relationship – perhaps you have lost trust, or hope, or respect for your partner, or faith in your future plans. You want to save your relationship. This program is for couples in crisis at any stage in life, from early twenties to late seventies.
If any of the following statements apply to you, the program is designed to help you:
• I don't want to lose my relationship, but I can't live like this
• I can't stop crying about the relationship
• We don't talk anymore
• The internet is ruining my relationship
• We keep having the same fights over and over
• My partner has been keeping secrets from me
• I miss our sexual relationship
What is the program?
The program is a series of meetings with a counselor in a comfortable setting. You will begin by assessing your relationship, identifying your goals and priorities, and creating a plan specific to your needs. You will combine open discussion of the feedback you receive with ongoing assessment
measures and problem-solving and communication tools based on solid research about what helps couples in distress save their relationship.
What are the program goals?
• Provide a safe, relaxed, open environment for exploration of couple dynamics
• Offer immediate help and relief to couples in distress
• Jump-start recovery so that the relationship does not deteriorate faster than healing can
• Learn to identify and intervene on patterns between you that must stop for healing to occur
• Practice specific behaviors shown to predict the outcome of an argument
• Strengthen communication skills
• Identify and manage stressors
• Reduce any negative impact of your family history on your current relationship
• Understand your partners personality style and how to talk to them effectively
What does the Relationship Recovery program consist of?
The relationship recovery program is couples counseling that consists of three parts:
The first thing you will do on your path to recovery is assess what you need and make a
plan for how to proceed. You will leave your first counseling session with a plan.
Flexibly designed program specific to your needs and level of distress. Program sessions
last 1 ½ hours. Though the length of therapy is determined by your specific needs and
goals, treatment is designed to wrap-up in 8-12 weeks.
Counseling Sessions -
· • Address specific vulnerabilities you identify in your assessment
· • Process information specific to you as a couple
· • Learn specific methods to
1. Handle Conflict
2. Process and argument afterword
3. Intervene on destructive patterns
4. Build positive feelings about each other
5.Develop a deeper understanding and friendship
As you become comfortable using the skills you have learned and relying on the renewed
trust and friendship between you, we will begin to meet less frequently to prepare for your
graduation from therapy.
How do we get started?
• Contact me by phone (919) 710-7145 or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a no charge consultation
• Between now and your consultation, read "Three Things You Can Do Right Now To Save
• Clear your calendar for the arranged upon appointment times
• Get ready to restore your faith in your relationship and your future together